Hothlanta

This is what geeks do on a snow day. #Hothlanta  on Twitpic
We're on Snow Day #4 down here in thew newly christened town of Hothlanta. You can even buy a t-shirt with an AT-AT Walker about to crush a Waffle House.

That's pretty much my life right now. I am that AT-AT Walker.

On Sunday night, we got about 6 inches of snow and since then, the city's been pretty much shut down as highways are reduced to ice skating rinks and everyone runs to Kroger to buy milk, chips, and biscuit dough. It was like a plague of terrified, disorganized locusts in there.

Immediately prior to the snowpocalypse, I was up in Roswell with my fellow Horizon apprentices watching Topher Payne's
Tokens of Affection at the Georgia Ensemble Theatre. If they ever clear the roads enough to un-trap you from your house, you should definitely make the drive. It's a very sweet, wise comedy that appeals to a wide audience without talking down. About half the audience in our Sunday Matinee were 70 year old women wearing fur coats, which was an experience in and of itself. Plus, the playwright has an adorable cartoon website, although we all agree his hair is much more impressive in person.

So, since then, I've been pretty much trapped in the apartment. I did end up working a little on Tuesday, but we closed early when rapidly dropping temperatures turned everything back into an icy death trap. So, I'm here. Nothing much to do but dance around with axes and teach the dog to salsa dance.

Or work on my super secret summer project and try very hard not to have Black Swan related nightmares.

More on that to come.

In the meantime, check out Serenbe Playhouse's first season video, in which I totally appear in postcard form, and fondly remember the days when you could actually have theatre outside.

Serenbe Playhouse Season One from Serenbe Playhouse on Vimeo.

Comments

Max said…
Hah- nice 7 brides of 7 brothers clip. I used to watch that all the time when I was a kid... Also, I want to see an AT-AT - Waffle House fight now.

And glad to hear that you are alive amidst the hilariously cold conditions. Our weather in Wisconsin? Barely freezing.

Truck on little AT-AT... truck on!

Popular Posts