Opening Night and Twitter Envy

(photo from Baron Dave Romm and filched from facebook)
The show is open. Actually open. And real people stood in line and sat down and listened to me talk.
Actually, like 65 people sat down and listened to me talk. And they had a good time and so did I. And it's open and out there and I even got my first review. Here's a snippet -

"Watching Rachel Teagle Believes in Ghosts was like sitting around a campfire listening to ghost stories. Except instead of your goofy friends, the tales are being told by a talented and gifted storyteller.

Mixing "real" ghost stories with a collection of original tales, Teagle succeeds brilliantly at exploring the full range of spectral tale-telling: Haunting. Scary. Nostalgic. Painful. Funny."

Four out of five kitties. Not too shabby. Not too shabby at all.

I can't get into the wireless at my billet yet, which is probably good, because I couldn't spend all night reloading the show page to obsess over reviews. But now I've found a coffee shop and can instead reload the #mnfringe hashtag ad nauseam. DAMN YOU TWITTER!! I once shunned thee out of foolishness and spite, but now I lurk and pine for my own 140 character soapbox.

Better leave it to the professionals though, like Mr. Rob Callahan, Nerd Extraordinaire, who got Neil Gaiman to tweet about him.

And I quote:

Rob: Do you suppose @neilhimself used to get nervous before a big, important, much-anticipated reading? (Not that I am, of course...) #mnfringe



Neil: @robcallahan am sure I will be terrified before Sydney Opera House reading tomorrow #mnfringe



Rob:@neilhimself Suddenly, my cozy little venue doesn't seem so daunting. Thank you for the perspective, and knock them dead tomorrow. #mnfringe



Dude.

Rob's show Idiosynchronicity opened opposite mine, so I haven't gotten the chance to see it yet, but I've heard many many good things. This guy is as awesome as his chic French collar. Here's his trailer, to pique your interest further...

Rob Callahan's Idiosynchronicity - 60 Second Trailer from Rob Callahan on Vimeo.



Plus, he said nice things about me on his blag. Which always makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Yay internets.

Now to set the rest of my schedule. I am preparing to have my heart broken.

Comments

Popular Posts